- This dynasty is also known as Yamini or Ilbari Turk dynasty
- After the death of Mohd. Ghori, a struggle for supremacy ensued between Taj-ud-din Yalduz, Nasir-ud-din Qubacha and Qutub-ud-din Aibak.
- Taj-ud-din Yalduz was Qutub-ud-din’s father-in-law. Nasir-ud-din was his brother-in-law.
- Qutubuddin was successful in thwarting the challenge of his adversaries and was crowned unofficially on 25th June 1206.
- Faced with indigenous hostility and pressure from fellow Turkish slaves, Aibak stationed himself at Lahore to better monitor the activities of his rivals & maintain a firmer grip ovedr the Indian territories.
- His capital was at Lahore. He was known as Lakh-baksh for his magnanimity.
- Hasan Nizami, the famous historian adorned his court.
- He built the Quwat-ul-Islam mosque & Arhai din ka Jhompra in Delhi and Ajmer respectively. The former is considered as the First Mosque built in India.
- He never issued any coins.
- He died in AD 1210, within four years of assumption of power, after falling from his horse while playing Chaugan(a form of Polo)
- After Aibak’s death, Aram Shah ascended the throne but he was deposed and Aibak’s son-in-law, Shams-ud-din Iltutmish was crowned the new Sultan. He commenced his career as sâr-jândar(head of royal bodyguards) and controlled the prized iqta of Badaun.